Search This Blog

Friday 26 May 2017

Top 5 worst films I've ever seen

I did the best now for the worst.

I love bad films, I really do, the worse the better in my opinion, however, that's not what this list is. This list is just the absolute worst, not so bad it's good films, just flat out terrible so unfortunately, you won't be seeing Birdemic or The Room here, those would go on another list. All genres are up to be shamed, no sequels, again that would be an entirely different list, only one Disney film because as much as I like to bash them most of their terrible work is in the sequels so...y'know, nothing that's so bad it's good as I said before, and...that's it, everything else is down to be talked about.

Here we go.

  • Smiley. I've already talked about this one and I don't really have much to say on it, it's just a terrible film that just makes no sense and has such a stupid twist. I don't know exactly what's good about it...It's got Shane Dawson in it? Honestly, this is just such a terrible film but it's not the worst offender on the list. It's probably something fun to watch if you're into really bad horror and can't be bothered looking for the good bad horror films. 
  • The Good Dinosaur. It's not Disney, it's Pixar so I can put it on here and have my Disney bashing fetish fulfilled. Again, I've already talked about this one so I'll keep it short. This film had serious potential to be great, maybe even one of the best but...it's on this list and for good reason, It's predictable, the character design is butt ugly, the story is terrible, the only redeeming factor in this film is the gorgeous animation on the nature is genuinely amazing like...I really believe that was real water and not animation. It's a shame you get some horrifically ugly characters wandering through it. I hope someone takes this idea of "what if the comet didn't hit Earth and humans and dinosaurs evolved together" and runs with it and takes it to its full potential. There's nothing especially harmful in this for kids or anything but there are a couple of genuinely horrific scenes which, if you're going to put this on for your kid(s), please stay in the room with them to see whether they can handle those scenes. 
  • Suicide Squad. Once again, I've already talked about it. Why DC feels the need to copy Marvel is beyond me, they have some of the most iconic comic book characters around and the idea of Suicide Squad actually sounds pretty solid, we almost never get a film about the bad guys. As I said when I talked about it I was really excited to see this and it was such a letdown. Recently I watched the Nostalgia Critic's review and he made some point's I didn't even pick up on, like the fact the reason the events in the film happen is because of Waller (Viola Davis). It's a pretty funny review and I'll leave a link at the end of the list.
  • Son Of The Mask. This is the last one that I've already talked about, I promise, I was looking back on what I said about it and I while I do stand by it, maybe I didn't give it enough credit for being on a similar wavelength to the original Mask comic book which was very graphic. And that's just what this film is, just a graphic assault to every single person involved, you might think it's a harmless sequel to the amazingly funny Jim Carrey film but it's not. I promise it is not. The CGI is scary, the close-up wide angles are scary, the idea that this is even a film is scary. Don't watch the film, read my review.
  • Inspector Gadget. Here we go, the Disney film that I haven't yet talked about on this blog. I don't want to ramble on about it so I'll just give you the basics of why it's terrible. The live-action film starring Matthew Broderick of all people is based on a cartoon of the same name. Inspector Gadget is just that, a police inspector who has all this cool hardware in his body which helps him solve cases along with his niece Penny and her talking dog Brain. The film is not what the cartoon was. It's not funny, Penny barely does anything, Broderick is his familiar bland self, Brain doesn't talk and it's just...it hits every single wrong nerve in the body. The transitions between scenes are similar to what you'd get in Austin Powers but...it worked in those films, it doesn't work here. Everything that tries to be funny in this film just falls flat on its face and pretty much nothing works. If you have a little kid and want to keep them entertained for a bit I'd say put it on for them, there's nothing all that bad for kids in it from what I remember but as an adult, you'll suffer. 
So that was my list of the top 5 worst films I've ever seen. Again while I was writing this I was thinking of others so I might do another one at some point but y'know. Please keep in mind that this is all opinion based and if you like any of these films then fab, I'm glad you liked them and maybe we can discuss them. Anyway, that's it for this week, I'll see you next week.

Links for reviews


This is just my opinion and if you disagree then that's great, I'm open to discussion and I'm always interested to hear how you feel about the films listed. This is also a critique which is considered "Fair Use" under the Copyright Act 1976. If you like the films listed then go and support its creators by buying the DVD or Bluray.

No comments: